October 17, 2023
Effective January 1, 2024, the Medical Board of California will only accept the certain licensing documents online:
- Certificate of Medical Education (Form MED)
- Official Transcript
- Official English Translation of Transcript
- Postgraduate Training License Enrollment Form (Form EF)
- Certificate of Completion of ACGME/RCPSC/CFPC Postgraduate Training (Form PTA-B)
- Certificate of Completion of CODA Postgraduate Training (Form CODA1-CODA2)
- Current Postgraduate Training Verification (Form CTV)
- Explanation to Application Question (Form EXP)
As of that date, the medical board will not accept these documents if submitted by mail, and doing so will delay the processing of the license application.
The documents can be submitted through the medical board’s Direct Online Certification Submission (DOCS) service or any other board-accepted third party services. DOCS is a secure, fast, and reliable online document delivery system that allows medical schools and postgraduate training programs to submit certain primary-source licensing documents to the Board.
The DOCS registration form is available on the Board’s website. DOCS registration forms and questions about registering may be emailed to email@example.com.