April 19, 2021
The California Medical Association (CMA) Organized Medical Staff Section (OMSS) represents California hospital medical staffs and advocates for strong medical staff self-governance and quality patient care. OMSS membership supports CMA legislative advocacy, policy development and legal action on medical staff issues.
CMA is accepting OMSS membership renewals for 2021. OMSS members receive benefits and resources, including:
- Free registration for the designated OMSS representative and chief of staff for the OMSS Annual Assembly and Educational Conference, to be held on Friday, October 22, 2021, in Los Angeles
- Access to legal and policy experts for individual advice on a wide range of medical staff issues
- Free access to the CMA online health law library
- The CMA Model Medical Staff Bylaws, updated annually to reflect state and federal law changes and Joint Commission standards
- Free subscription to the OMSS Advocate, a quarterly newsletter on events and issues that impact medical staffs
To prevent any interruption in your membership benefits, update your contact information and submit your dues as soon as possible. If your medical staff is not already an OMSS member, click here to download the OMSS membership application.
Thank you to the medical staffs who have already renewed their OMSS memberships for 2021. Click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your medical staff is a current OMSS member.