June 19, 2017
Area(s) of Interest: Continuing Medical Education (CME) Public Health Drug Prescribing/Dispensing
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration is offering two free training sessions on the use of medication assisted treatment for opioid use disorders. The training, “The Effective Use of Medication Assisted Treatment in an Opioid Dependent Population,” will be held in Sacramento on July 18 and repeated in Orange County on July 20.
Registration is first-come, first-served. Attendance is capped at 100 participants – you must register by July 3. Physicians can receive up to 7 continuing medical education (CME) credits.
To register, click on the links below:
The California Medical Association (CMA) strongly supports efforts to increase access to much-needed medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorders. For more information, visit CMA'ssafe-prescribing resource page.
There you will find:
- Resources on prescribing controlled substances safely and effectively to relieve pain, while simultaneously reducing the risk of prescription medication misuse, addiction and overdose.
- CMA’s white papers on prescribing opioids
- Links to relevant documents in CMA’s health law library
- Continuing medical education courses and webinars
- Current information on the state's prescription drug monitoring database