October 02, 2015
Area(s) of Interest: Practice Management Professional Development & Education
Noridian, the Medicare Administrative Contractor for California, announced that it will offer web-based workshops focusing on provider enrollment. These webinars are intended for the Part B provider using the online Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) to change enrollment information, track revalidation or set up a sole proprietorship.
The Internet-based PECOS process can be used in lieu of the Medicare enrollment application (i.e., paper form CMS-855).
The advantages of PECOS are:
- Faster than paper-based enrollment (45-day processing time in most cases, vs. 60 days for paper)
- Tailored application process means you only supply information relevant to YOUR application
- Gives physicians more control over their enrollment information, including reassignments
- Easy to check and update your information for accuracy
- Less staff time and administrative costs to complete and submit enrollment to Medicare
There is no registration or teleconference fee. The presentations will be conducted through a web-based training tool that requires an Internet connection and a telephone (toll-free number provided in confirmation email).
For more details and to register, visit https://med.noridianmedicare.com/web/jeb/education/training-events.