July 18, 2016
Area(s) of Interest: Physician Leadership Professional Development & Education
The California Medical Association (CMA) Organized Medical Staff Section (OMSS) will hold its 2016 Annual Assembly on Friday, October 14, 2016, at the Sacramento Convention Center immediately prior to the CMA House of Delegates (HOD). HOD will convene October 15-16.
This meeting and educational conference is open to all physicians concerned about the role of strong self-governing medical staffs in improving patient care and safety. All physicians, medical staff professionals and interested parties are invited to attend. Registration is free for designated representatives and chiefs of staff from CMA-OMSS member medical staffs. All others may attend for a nominal fee.
CMA-OMSS representatives meet to discuss, amend and take positions on major issues to be discussed at the CMA House of Delegates. Participants will also hear legal and legislative updates and receive three to four hours of instruction from presenters on topics of importance to the growth and development of medical staffs.
The one-day meeting will include sessions on:
- End of life care in hospitals
- Medical staff financial and administrative independence
- Physician burnout
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA)
- Recertification and maintenance of certification
- Affordable Care Act changes under the 1332 waiver
- Development of a five-year public health plan