March 16, 2022
Area(s) of Interest: Continuing Medical Education (CME)
With the launch of the new, improved Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS), the process for year-end reporting has been simplified with the removal of the field for reporting year. We encourage you to enter activities as you plan them and close them when they end. To meet your year-end reporting responsibility, we ask that you complete the following steps by March 31, 2022:
- Accept the terms for the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) annual agreement, located on the dashboard in PARS under “Agreement Page.” Each year, all accredited providers are asked to accept the annual agreement regarding data submission and compliance with ACCME policies and procedures.
- Enter all activities that occurred in 2021 and close any that are no longer being offered.
- For any enduring materials that are continuing into 2022, update the total learner counts as of December 31, 2021. Note that you no longer need to enter enduring material activities for each year they are provided. Enduring materials should remain open until the end date. Once you have entered the enduring material once, you will only need to update learner counts each year thereafter.
- Complete and submit your program summary. The link to the program summary is located on the dashboard in PARS.
- Review and update your contact information. You can do this by clicking “Back to Accreditation Management” in the top right section of the PARS dashboard.
Year-end reporting resources
- Year-End Reporting Checklist: This guide includes a detailed checklist with the necessary steps and resources to help you complete your year-end reporting.
- Webinars: ACCME is hosting a series of live, weekly webinars on Tuesday afternoons to answer your questions about year-end reporting. Register here. Unable to join a webinar? A recording of our first webinar and the corresponding slides are now available.
- PARS FAQ: Explore frequently asked questions about year-end reporting.
- Visit ACCME’s New PARS webpage for more information.
How do I close my activities?
Once you have completed all required fields and added your total learner counts, you will need to actively change the status of your activities to closed. You have several options for closing your activities:
How do I log into PARS?
You can access PARS via the login button at the top of ACCME's home page or via https://pars.accme.org/. Note that anyone who is listed as a contact for your organization can enter data for your organization.
We appreciate your attention to this data-reporting requirement and due date.
As always, California Medical Association Continuing Medical Education staff are here to support you. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please include your provider ID in the subject line.