November 15, 2021
UnitedHealthcare has introduced a new online portal allowing out-of-network providers to electronically register their taxpayer ID numbers and practice demographics. Prior to submitting claims to UnitedHealthcare as an out-of-network provider, the following information is required and can now be uploaded through the portal, avoiding potential delays with claims processing and payments.
- Taxpayer identification number (TIN)
- PDF of W-9 form
- Federal tax classification
- Medical license restrictions (if any)
- Valid National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Primary servicing address
- Proof of servicing address
- Primary billing address
- Proof of billing address
- Primary remittance address
- Proof of remittance address
The digital TIN registration takes about 10 minutes to complete and is available to both providers and third-party billing companies. For more information on how to register, visit uhcprovider.com/out-of-network-registration. Providers with questions or concerns can contact UnitedHealthcare Provider Services at (844) 368-5890.