August 15, 2018
Area(s) of Interest: Abdominal Radiology Cultural Competency Physician Wellness
Act now to save $100 off registration for the 2018 Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO) Summit, to be held September 13-15 in Pasadena.
This year's theme, Building the Best You: Celebrating the Joy of Medicine, will address issues of physician burnout and provide solutions to create a culture of wellness and physician well-being.
The three-day summit is an innovative educational event for physicians, public health professionals, health care advocates and community leaders that offers policy and best practices for reducing health disparities, building diversity in the workforce and increasing cultural competency in clinical care.
Featured topics and speakers include:
- Sleep medicine for physicians and patients: Raj Dasgupta, M.D. (as seen on The Doctors)
- Providing care to undocumented immigrants: Lilia Cervantes, M.D.
- LGBTQ cultural competency: John Madrigal
- Advancing diversity and inclusion: Christine Santiago
- Improving diagnosis of dementia: Freddi Segal-Gidan, Ph.D.
- Medi-Cal funding and Prop 56: Jodi Black, CMA Vice President of Economic Services and Janus Norman, CMA Senior Vice President and Chief Lobbyist.