April 10, 2019
Area(s) of Interest: Quality of Care
The data submission period for the 2018 Medicare Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) closed on April 2, 2019. If you submitted data through the Quality Payment Program website, you are now able to review your preliminary performance feedback data.
Your final score and feedback will be available in July 2019. Your score could change based on the following:
- Special status scoring considerations (e.g., hospital-based clinicians)
- All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality performance category
- Claims measures to include the 60-day run out period
- CAHPS for MIPS Survey results
- Advancing Care Information Hardship Application status
- Improvement Study participation and results
- Creation of performance period benchmarks for Quality measures that didn’t have a historical benchmark
If you have questions about your preliminary 2018 MIPS performance feedback data, contact the Quality Payment Program at (866) 288-8292 or QPP@cms.hhs.gov.