April 30, 2013
The early-bird registration discount for the 16th Annual California Heath Care Leadership Academy expires at midnight on Thursday, May 2. Register now and save $100 on the west coast’s premier health policy, leadership development and practice management event. This year's Academy is May 31 to June 2, 2013, at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
In keeping with the Academy’s mission of providing information and tools needed to succeed in today’s rapidly changing health care environment, this year's conference, "Increasing the Odds of Success," will focus on the future of independent medical practice in the era of health reform and market consolidation.
A special presentation will look further into the possible future as IBM supercomputer Watson is deployed to focus on evidence-based diagnosis and treatment. (I say, Watson, who needs physicians anyway?) One of today’s hot topics, prescribing and abuse of prescription opioids, also will be tackled.
As always, Academy breakouts will focus on key leadership development and practice management topics:
- New York Times bestselling author Dave Logan’s tribal leadership and organizational change
- Medical practice contract negotiation
- Medical practice staffing and labor law
- Maximizing leadership success through collaboration
- How to be an effective board member
- How to communicate medicine’s views to the media, lawmakers and the public
- How to create and analyze documentation to increase practice revenue
- Strategies for improving patient satisfaction
Enjoy Las Vegas on us!
Compliments of the Leadership Academy, all registered attendees will receive a $50 gift card good for use at more than 250 Caesars Entertainment-affiliated shops, restaurants, bars, spas and more (even room service!) at Planet Hollywood, Caesars Palace, Harrah’s, Paris and other Caesars casino resorts.
Visit www.caleadershipacademy.com for the full agenda and to register, or call (800) 795-2262.