September 27, 2016
Area(s) of Interest: MACRA Payor Issues and Reimbursement Professional Development & Education
Changes to the Medicare payment system are on the horizon, and physicians around the country are wondering how the new Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) will impact their practices. The American Medical Association (AMA) and ReachMD have produced a podcast series to provide physicians with an inside look at what’s to come and what they can do now to prepare for the transition to MACRA.
Hear from industry experts and physician leaders about their experiences with new payment models, quality reporting and more. Available episodes include:
- Implementing MACRA: The AMA’s Keys to Advancing Opportunities, Avoiding Pitfalls
- APMs in Cancer Care: The Patient-Centered Oncology Payment Model
- The Rise of Specialist-Driven Alternative Payment Models in American Medicine
- Thoughts on Physician Advocacy and Payment Reform with AMA President Andrew Gurman, M.D.
- The Future of Medicare Payment Reform: Perspectives on MACRA with CMS's Andy Slavitt
To listen to the podcasts, click here.
More MACRA resources
To help physicians understand MACRA payment reforms, and what they can do now to start preparing for the transition, the California Medical Association (CMA) has published a MACRA resource center.
There you will find an overview of MACRA, and a comprehensive list of tools, resources and information from CMA, AMA and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
View the MACRA Resource Center.