October 31, 2022
Area(s) of Interest: Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) is a tool you can use to help add value to your program through the centralized collection of activity and learner credit data. PARS now offers you the ability to not only enter activity data, but also record learner credit data in the same system. Reporting learner credit data in PARS is optional but encouraged.
By entering activity and learner credit data in PARS, you can:
- Increase the visibility of your continuing medical education (CME) activities and reach a wider audience of learners.
- Reinforce the value of your activities to learners and other stakeholders.
- Decrease physicians’ reporting burden, giving them more time to focus on patient care.
- Reduce your workload responding to queries and certificate requests from physicians.
- Support regulatory authorities by providing easier access to verified CME and MOC credit data.
Additionally, CME Passport (formerly called CME Finder) is an all-in-one, free, centralized web application that enables physicians and CME provider organizations to find, track, and manage their CME. The database is used by all accredited CME organization nationally. While it will take some time for database to be robust, we encourage you to start now!
Data entry overview, key resources, and how-to can be found on the ACCME PARS resources and CME Passport Information for Providers.