August 01, 2022
Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC) today announced that the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is investing an additional $10 million to support physicians providing pediatric COVID-19 vaccines. Under newly expanded eligibility rules, the KidsVaxGrant 2.0 program is open to all providers serving pediatric populations, not just those participating in the federal Vaccines for Children program.
Additionally, providers who were previously awarded a KidsVaxGrant are eligible to apply for another grant under the KidsVaxGrant 2.0 program.
The deadline to apply for KidsVaxGrant 2.0 is October 14, 2022. Grants are awarded on a first come, first-served basis, so early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Individual practices may be eligible for up to two grant opportunities:
- Providers serving pediatric populations who have placed at least one complete order of the infant and toddler COVID-19 vaccine and are newly enrolled (between December 17, 2021, and October 14, 2022) in the California COVID-19 vaccine program (myCAvax) may receive $10K to cover the costs of enrolling and launching a vaccination center.
- Providers who are already enrolled in myCAvax and vaccinating infants and toddlers against COVID-19 may be eligible for $25k per site if they expand operating hours.. Eligible providers must expand hours of operations by a minimum of 25 hours to increase availability of the vaccine to pediatric populations.
- Expanded hours must be outside of normal or existing clinic hours and must be completed within 120 days of application approval (not retroactive).
To help providers in the application process, PHC is hosting free webinars to discuss the application and eligibility, and answer any questions you have about the process. Register for one of the webinars by clicking the links below.
- Monday, August 1, 2022, from 12-1p.m.
- Thursday, August 4, 2022, from 5-6 p.m.
- Friday, August 5, 2022, from 12-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 9, 2022, from 5-6 p.m.
Visit KidsVaxGrant.org to apply and for more information about the program.