June 02, 2020
Per policy, and to protect all interests, it is critically important to ensure that your organization’s contact information is current, accurate and includes all individuals associated with your continuing medical education (CME) program in the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
The system is designed for self-management. All affiliated users can edit organizational contact information on the "Profile" tab of the dashboard. It is a best practice to have the primary, as well as any individual users, update their own information by going to "Edit My Profile" or via the "Profile" tab on their dashboard. It is the responsibility of the CME provider to update PARS so California Medical Association (CMA) CME staff can discuss your program with the proper staff.
CMA CME generally sends newsletters and communication only to the PARS Primary Contact, with the expectation that information is getting shared throughout your organization, as appropriate.
PARS contact information fields include:
- Primary Contact (Required): This person receives official communications and is our first point of contact for questions or issues related to your accreditation. Each organization is required to designate one person as the primary contact.
- Billing Contact (Optional): This person receives invoices and other payment-related information (if you do not designate a billing contact; we will send invoices to the primary contact).
- CEO Contact (Optional): This person serves in an executive leadership role and is ultimately responsible for the organization's accredited CME program.
- Staff (Optional): Use this field to enter anyone who you want to have access to your organization’s records in PARS
- ACCME Website Contact (Optional): Use this field to identify who serves in a customer service capacity to address inquiries and triage questions from external users and physicians
- This person will be published as your organization’s contact in the Find a CME Provider section on the ACCME’s website (if you do not designate a person in this role, your organization’s Primary Contact will be published on the ACCME’s website).
- Technical Contact (Optional): Use this field to identify who is responsible for PARS-related information systems and technical updates
- Medical Director (Optional): Use this field to identify who serves in a medical leadership capacity and oversees strategic operations
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization needs assistance with this process.