December 04, 2018
Area(s) of Interest: Physician Workforce
Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC) is excited to announce a new grant program, CalMedForce, which will award approximately $40 million to primary care and emergency medicine residency programs in California. The application will be released December 12, 2018, and is due January 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (PST). Priority will be given to programs in medically-underserved areas and/or programs who serve medically underserved populations.
Programs that plan to apply for funding are encouraged to start gathering the needed information now to ensure they are ready to complete the application by the deadline. While the application itself isn’t long, it may take some time to collect and prepare the required information. Among the information needed is:
- Health professional shortage area (HPSA) Score
- Plans for future expansion of residency program
- Information about program graduates, including where they are practicing, in what specialty and in what type of practice
- Payer mix/patient population
- Justification of your funding needs
To answer any questions about this new application process, PHC is hosting several webinars that will provide applicants with an overview of the CalMedForce requirements, deadlines, and the application. Register for your choice of dates today!
- December 13, 2018 – 11 a.m., PST
- December 17, 2018 – 3 p.m, PST
- December 20, 2018 – 9 a.m., PST
- January 4, 2019 – 12 p.m., PST
- January 7, 2019 – 1 p.m., PST
- January 9, 2019 – 9 a.m., PST
Please forward this information to any colleagues who would benefit from this funding. (If you would like to be added to our distribution list for future updates, please email CalMedForce@phcdocs.org with “subscribe” in the body.
For more information about CalMedForce, visit phcdocs.org.