February 22, 2023
California still has over 3 million smokers, 40% of which are covered by Medi-Cal. As physicians, helping patients to quit tobacco or eliminate smoke exposure is one of the best things we can do for their health.
The California Medical Association (CMA) foundation – Physicians for a Healthy California – has partnered with CA Quits to provide you with free tobacco cessation resources and learning opportunities.
- For your patients: Refer patients to Kick It CA, which offers free counseling to stop using tobacco, including vaping products. Start here.
- For your learning: Watch eight brief 15-30 minute videos about tobacco treatment by UC faculty (earn up to 3.0 CME credits).
- Videos only: bit.ly/ucquitswebmodules
- CME credits: bit.ly/ucquitscmemodules
- For your quality improvement efforts: Implement components of the CA Quits Healthcare Systems Toolkit in your clinic
For more information, please visit CA Quits.
Click here to sign up to receive updates from CA Quits to support your tobacco cessation efforts.