The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, May 26, 2023
Please see the following annual call for applications/nominations for interested resident physician members to serve on the California Medical Association (CMA) Resident and Fellow Section (RFS) delegation to the House of Delegates (HOD).
RFS is currently seeking engaged and interested members to join their section and represent them at the 2023 House of Delegates. RFS is allocated 12 delegates and 12 alternates corresponding to Districts 1-11 and members involved in a military training program.
Resident and fellow delegate/alternate seats are one-year terms, during which the delegates and alternates will attend the House of Delegates, participate in the year-round resolution process, and engage with RFS on projects and policy discussions.
- Delegates: Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and military programs
- Alternates: Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and military programs
Please note that although the RFS has the ability to seat residents from outside of the district when necessary, it is our preference to seat a resident or fellow who lives or works in the district.
- One year: July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024
Members are expected to:
- Attend the 2023 House of Delegates, which will be held October 21-22 at the J.W. Marriott LA LIVE
- Participate in and contribute to RFS meetings held virtually (approximately quarterly) throughout the year.
- Be a resident or fellow member of the CMA in good standing
- Agree to participate with a goal of developing the best policy for CMA
Please submit nominations/applications to firstname.lastname@example.org:
The deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2023.
- Travel and hotel costs for seated Delegates and Alternate Delegates are eligible for reimbursement, subject to CMA policy.
- Participation as a delegate or alternate for RFS does not preclude appointment to a Council or Committee. The nomination process to serve on a Council or Committee is SEPARATE from the process to serve as an RFS delegate or alternate at the CMA HOD. Information about the Council/Committee nomination can be found here. The deadline to submit the Councils and Committees application is June 5, 2023.