California’s doctors aren’t just health care and medical experts. They’re also community leaders, philanthropists, entrepreneurs and policymakers dedicated to ensuring that patients receive quality health care at an affordable cost.
And CMA wants to share your story! Our new campaign – #CMAdocs – highlights physicians leading the charge to help their communities thrive. We’ll profile these stories on our website, in our bi-weekly newsletter, on social media and with local media.
Simply answer any of the suggested questions – choose what resonates with you – and we’ll develop a profile for your approval. Please also include any relevant pictures and links to videos, news articles, or other background materials. And feel free to submit on behalf of a colleague you admire.
- Why did you become a doctor?
- What makes you most proud to be a physician?
- What do you see other doctors doing that inspires you?
- What is the hardest part about being a physician?
- What has surprised you the most about being a doctor?
- What do you wish the public understood about the practice of medicine?
- What advice do you have for the next generation of physicians?
- What do you value most in working with your patients?
- Unique experience shared with your patients?
- What has been something that you have learned from your patients?
- What is the most important thing patients can do for their health?
- Tell us about a specialty or community initiative – why did you create or join the project?
- How is the project helping your community?
- What’s been the most surprising thing you’ve learned through the experience?
- Advice for other doctors considering community engagement?
- Tell us about a colleague you’re inspired by – how have they made an impact with their patients and/or community?
- How does this colleague go above and beyond in their daily work?
- What’s the best part about working with this colleague?
Email your submissions to email@example.com with #CMAdocs in the subject line.