The California Medical Association is seeking applications/nominations for interested physician members to serve on the California Medical Association Political Action Committee’s Board of Directors (CALPAC).
There are twenty-three (23) available seats on the CALPAC Board of Directors, as outlined below.
CALPAC Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the governing entity of CALPAC, CMA’s political organization to advocate for the welfare of physicians and patients through political advocacy, including supporting candidates for office.
Members of the CALPAC Board of Directors play a critical role in educating candidates for office, encouraging physicians to participate in the political process, and raising funds to directly and indirectly support physicians and physician-friendly candidates for office. CALPAC also includes an Executive Committee, whose officers are elected by the Board of Directors.
- Term Length/Duration: The positions are for a two-year term beginning October 23, 2020 and ending October 2022.
- Time Commitment: Board members will attend in-person meetings held twice a year in connection with major CMA events. The meetings are typically held around Legislative Advocacy Day, a weekday in mid-April, and House of Delegates, a weekend in late October. Board members are also expected to raise funds, be politically active in their areas and attend candidate interviews in open seat races for the state Legislature and Congress.
All members of CMA in good standing (and executive employees of component medical societies) are invited to apply and will be considered for any positions for which they are eligible. The available positions and their criteria are as follows:
- Eleven (11) physicians representing CMA Districts I-XI
- Five (5) physicians chosen on an at-large basis
- One (1) physician who meets the criteria for the Young Physician Section (physicians age 40 and under or in their first eight years of practice)
- One (1) resident or fellow
- One (1) medical student
- One (1) member of the CMA Organized Medical Staff Section
- One (1) member of the CMA Ethnic Medical Organization Section
- Two (2) executive employees of CMA component medical societies
Please submit nominations through the form link below and include the following:
Deadline to submit: 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 15, 2020
Timeline for Decision
The Committee on Nominations will present its recommendations to the Board of Trustees in Fall 2020, and appointments will be announced shortly thereafter.
For more information, please contact: