Apply or nominate here.
CALPAC Board of Directors
The California Medical Association (CMA) Political Action Committee (CALPAC) is currently seeking for interested physician members to serve on the CALPAC Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is the governing entity of CALPAC, CMA’s political organization to advocate for the welfare of physicians and patients through political advocacy, including supporting candidates for office.
Members of the CALPAC Board of Directors play a critical role in educating candidates for office, encouraging physicians to participate in the political process, and raising funds to directly and indirectly support physicians and physician-friendly candidates for office. CALPAC also includes an Executive Committee, whose officers are elected by the Board of Directors. Click here to see the CALPAC Operating Rules.
- Term Length/Duration: The positions are for a two-year term beginning October 21, 2022, and ending October 2024.
- Time Commitment: Board members will attend quarterly meetings, some of which are held virtually. In-person meetings are typically held around Legislative Advocacy Day (a weekday in mid-April) and House of Delegates (a weekend in late October). Board members are also expected to be politically active in their areas and attend candidate interviews in open seat races for the state Legislature and Congress.
Thirty (30) available seats on the CALPAC Board of Directors, as outlined below. All members of CMA in good standing (and executive employees of component medical societies) are invited to apply and will be considered for any positions for which they are eligible. The available positions and their criteria are as follows:
- Eleven (11) physicians representing CMA Districts I-XI
- Up to Twelve (12) physicians chosen on an at-large basis
- One (1) physician who meets the criteria for the Young Physician Section
- One (1) resident or fellow
- One (1) medical student
- One (1) member of the CMA Organized Medical Staff Section
- One (1) member of the CMA Ethnic Medical Organization Section
- Two (2) executive employees of CMA component medical societies
Every nomination must include:
*Incumbent members of the Board of Directors may express their desire to seek re-nomination by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and are not required to complete the form or submit a CV
The Committee on Nominations will present its recommendations to the Board of Trustees at the Board Meeting on July 29, 2022, with appointments announced shortly thereafter.