TITLE: System Support Specialist
DIVISION: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: This position assists staff (in person, by telephone, or via email) with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology in a timely and accurate manner. Support includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading of all PC/laptop hardware and peripheral equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve any technical issues within the organization. Work is performed both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and requires initiative and judgment.
- Primary point of contact with staff on ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, mobile devices, Windows OS and applications, and email
- Install and configure new desktop equipment and peripherals
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment
- Works closely with Sr. Systems Administrator on the day-to-day running and maintenance of system servers and network environment
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software
- Support company telephone system
- Coordinate with IT team to schedule release of software updates
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop equipment and software
- To adhere to all CMA policies and procedures, including data protection, quality assurance, and ensure all IT Services procedures are maintained and adhered to by staff, identifying issues where appropriate
- Meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines while demonstrating cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors, and other CMA & CMS personnel
CMA and CMS staff, vendors, consultants, physicians, and the general public.
- Must be able to work with, lift and install heavy equipment
- Some travel required to assist with computer and network setup at offsite CMA meetings (e.g. HOD annual meeting) or to assist with IT support with the County Medical Societies.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)