TITLE: Senior Analyst, Strategic Initiatives
DIVISION: Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC)
REPORTS TO: Chief Strategy Officer
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $70,000-$90,000
POSITION SUMMARY: A successful candidate for the Senior Analyst, Strategic Initiatives (equivalent to a Manager, Strategic Initiatives) position will have a passion for solving some of California’s toughest health care challenges by supporting physicians, physicians-in-training, and those interested in serving in California’s underserved communities through the practice of medicine. Under the direction of the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), this position will support development of funding opportunities for strategic initiatives that further PHC’s mission to improve community health, grow a diverse physician workforce, and promote health equity. Activities may include project management, research, materials development, and providing overall operational support for projects.
- Supports CSO in developing and securing funding for initiatives to promote health equity, community health, and diversity in the physician workforce
- Performs in-depth quantitative and qualitative research for proposals and programs in support of PHC’s strategic plan
- Drafts internal and external documents (e.g., proposals, reports, memos, etc.)
- Manages projects overseen by the CSO (e.g., Health Equity Leadership Summit, research projects)
- Tracks and researches emerging issues that offer opportunities for new programs or funding sources from both the public and private sectors
- Drafts communication and marketing materials and works with Communications team to distribute materials to appropriate audiences
- Identifies and executes on opportunities to promote/amplify PHC
- Drafts meeting materials (e.g., agenda, minutes, materials)
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Understanding of California’s health care ecosystem, especially as it relates to underserved communities, health care funding systems, access deserts, social determinants of health, medical education, etc.
Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial go-getter
Ability to travel and occasionally work nights and weekends
Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To learn more about the Physicians for a Healthy California, please visit our website at www.phcdocs.org.
PHC is an equal opportunity employer.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)