TITLE: Project Coordinator
DIVISION: Center for Strategic Communications
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Organizational Communications & Brand Strategy
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: CMA’s Center for Strategic Communications plans and executes various written and visual materials to help further the organization’s strategy and objectives. This role will assist the strategic communications team with the coordination, tracking and implementation of projects and provide administrative support to the team. The project coordinator will work closely with the design team and a basic working knowledge of design principles and the Adobe Creative Suite software is required.
About CMA: The California Medical Association (CMA) is a not-for-profit physician organization, with over 46,000 members in all modes of medical practice and specialties. CMA is dedicated to serving our member physicians and their patients through a comprehensive program of legal, legislative, regulatory, and economic advocacy and by providing physicians and physician groups the tools necessary to succeed in today's healthcare environment.
- Serving as a point of contact for intake of communications department projects
- Coordinating and executing ongoing design projects including, but not limited to business cards, stationery, branded promotional items, signage and other regular marketing collateral
- Improving and managing the team’s systems for sharing documents both internally and externally
- Managing basic web content updates for CMA and its subsidiaries
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Providing administrative support to the team (scheduling, supply orders, as needed)
- Other duties as assigned
CONTACTS: Interacts regularly with CMA staff, CMA members, county medical societies, health care stakeholders and subsidiary organizations (e.g. Physicians for a Healthy California).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design or communications-related role
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts, graphic design and brand principles
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Competency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Driven with a strong work ethic and ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Ability to synthesize ideas and direction from multiple project stakeholders
- Exceptional teammate, collaborator and communicator
SUPERVISION: Works under guidance of the Senior Director, Organizational Communications & Brand Strategy
EQUIPMENT OPERATION: Position requires operation of normal office equipment, computer, printers, photocopier, fax machines, multi-line phone, mobile communications tools, team and project management applications
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work extended hours and, on the weekends, as events and deadlines dictate. Some travel required.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)