TITLE: Program Director – Loan Repayment Program
DIVISION: Physicians for a Healthy California
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
The Program Director is a full-time position designed to serve the key lead for the Loan Repayment Program (LRP). This position will work closely with the PHC CEO and LRP Advisory Council to develop, implement and evaluate the LRP. Further, this position will serve as subject matter expert on workforce development and retention strategies, analyzing trends to achieve the goals as reflected in Proposition 56, such as funding implementation and administrative programs that will help keep hundreds more doctors in California every year to improve the health of Californians.
- Supervises program analysts and program coordinator
- Drafts work plan to develop and implement LRP including performance objectives
- Serves as subject matter expert on LR programs; performs research and analyses
- Develops recommendations for application, scoring criteria, contract terms, marketing materials, etc.
- Coordinates Advisory Council meetings and functions
- Creates and implements strategies to gather information from key stakeholders
- Analyzes best practices and drafts recommendations for LRP
- Drafts cost/benefit analysis on business and organizational needs
- Drafts materials for meetings (i.e. agenda, materials, minutes, action items)
- Serve as key liaison to grantees
- Reviews and approves grantee progress reports and internal and external reports on program’s progress
- Conducts site visits and other evaluative measures to monitor programs’ progress
- Reviews and approves financial expenditure reports on program expenditures
- Serves as liaison to DHCS and CSA Audit on fiscal and internal controls related to the GME program
- At least five years of experience administering programs and managing program staff
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience in analyzing data to forecast trends and make astute assessments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel and occasionally work evening and weekend events
- Computer skill in Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet Explorer and Word
PHC offers a competitive salary and full benefit package. Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email.
To learn more about the Physicians for a Healthy California, please visit our website at www.phcdocs.org
PHC is an equal opportunity employer.