TITLE: Practice Transformation Specialist
DIVISION: Physician Services Organization
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Practice Transformation Services
OFFICE LOCATION: California
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
The CMA Physician Services Organization (PSO) is a for-profit subsidiary of CMA that focuses on providing best-in-class services and tools to California physicians, enabling them to remain or become independent. The PSO is looking for one a practice transformation specialist to work closely with its partner, Aledade, to help facilitate transformative change within community health centers.
Conduct frequent virtual or (permitting) in-person visits to your assigned health centers Other duties as assigned (this must be included in all job descriptions)
Assisting the physicians and their staff with transformation plans to shift into value-based care, improve quality, and identify opportunities for increased practice efficiency
Help CMA-PSO develop its practice transformation process and tools, aimed at building practices’ overall capacity for ongoing and sustainable change to high-performing medical practices
Project manage the assigned health centers
Assist with workflow changes, clinical calls, and workgroup participation
Drive the health centers toward outcomes that improve care and reduce costs
Partner with your health centers to help design, deploy, and train staff on workflows to incorporate various technologies into their daily activities
- At least two (2) years of prior experience working directly with small- and medium-sized Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) across California, preferably helping them with quality improvement initiatives and transformative workflow changes.
- Based in California and willing to travel for one onsite visit per practice per quarter. (Note: During COVID-19, it is expected that all work will be remote, requiring virtual visits.)
- Strong project management experience working on medium to large scale initiatives, preferably in a practice/clinical setting.
- Experience exporting data and running reports, preparing proposals, reports, updates, and summaries in the practice/clinical setting, process mapping, and workflow analysis tools.
- Understanding of and previous experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Practice Management Systems (PMS) for clinical purposes.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of the healthcare delivery system, particularly medical management and value-based care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn new programs/applications.
- Team player
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Aledade, community health centers, and physician practices
Position requires operation of normal office equipment, computer, printers, photocopier, fax machines, multi-line phone, mobile communications tools
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)