TITLE: Practice Transformation Specialist
DIVISION: CMA Physician Services Organization (CMA-PSO)
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Practice Transformation, CMA-PSO
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The CMA-PSO is looking for one Clinical Practice Transformation Specialist to work closely with its partner, Aledade, to help facilitate transformative change within primary and/or specialty care practices in the Fresno, Modesto, Stockton, and Salinas areas. As a Specialist, you will conduct frequent virtual or (permitting) in-person visits to your assigned practices, assisting the physicians and their staff with transformation plans to shift into value-based care. In addition, the Specialist will help CMA-PSO and its Director of Clinical Practice Transformation, develop its practice transformation process and tools, aimed at building practices’ overall capacity for ongoing and sustainable change to high-performing medical practices.
The Specialist will be expected to project manage the assigned practice, assisting them with workflow changes, clinical calls, and workgroup participation. The Specialist will drive the practices toward outcomes that improve care and reduce costs. As a Specialist you will partner with your practices to help design, deploy, and train staff on workflows to incorporate various technologies into their daily activities. The mission is to change the landscape of healthcare delivery for that practice.
- At least two (2) years of experience working directly with small- and medium-sized practices across California, preferably helping them with transformative workflow changes.
- Based in Fresno, Modesto, or Merced and willing to travel for up to 75% of time within few hours of area. (Note: During COVID-19, it is expected that all work will be remote, requiring virtual visits.)
- Strong project management experience, preferably in a practice/clinical setting.
- Experience exporting data and running reports, preparing proposals, reports, updates, and summaries in the practice/clinical setting, processing mapping, and workflow analysis tools.
- Understanding of and previous experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Practice Management Systems (PMS) for clinical purposes.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of the healthcare delivery system, particularly medical management and value-based care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn new programs/applications.
- Team player.
- Highly organized.
- Experience working with or within a primary care practice.
- Great bedside/ working manner and strong relationship building skills.
- Passionate about population health and helping practices improve patient care.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)