TITLE: Project Coordinator
DIVISION: Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Operations
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The project coordinator will assist program directors, senior director of operations and chief executive officer with projects and fund development activities. Activities may include; project tracking, reporting, grant writing and other funding proposals, conducting health policy and community health research, developing written materials, and providing overall operational support for projects.
- Develop project ideas and leads
- Assist senior leadership in the development of grant applications.
- Ensure grant deliverables are met.
- Conduct research and develop project content.
- Develop and maintain general project communication, including, outreach and social media.
- Write project reports.
- Track and report project data.
- Coordinate meetings and events.
- Assist in fundraising and sponsorship efforts.
- Develops and implements organizational and program policies and procedures
- Improves and strengthens information systems
- Identifies opportunities to maximize and streamline operational systems and procedures
- Develops and oversees organizational communication strategies
- Researches and pursues grant opportunities
- Drafts work plan to develop and implement new initiative’s including performance objectives
- Creates and implements strategies to gather information from key stakeholders
- Analyzes best practices and drafts recommendations for senior leadership
- Drafts cost/benefit analysis on business and organizational needs
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and / or complaints through the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customer, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years’ equivalent experience preferred.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Works with minimum supervision
Some travel required.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)