TITLE: Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives
DIVISION: Physicians for a Healthy California
REPORTS TO: Director, Strategic Initiatives
OFFICE LOCATION: California
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
This position will implement current high-priority strategic initiatives as well implement new initiatives that further PHC’s mission to improve community health, grow a diverse physician workforce, and promote health equity. These programs include Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO), Cultural and Linguistic Competency and Implicit Bias (CLC/IB) physician education, and Women Physicians of Color (WPOC) Wellness Project. Activities may include developing and executing projects, fund development, conducting research, and providing overall operational support for projects.
Develops work plans, implements, and evaluates NEPO priorities such as developing and implementing a NEPO strategic plan and coordinating the annual NEPO summit
Develops work plans, implements, and evaluates WPOC priorities such as supporting research activities, analyzing data, and working with an advisory council
Develops work plans, implements, and evaluates CLC/IB priorities such coordinating physician education activities, researching articles, developing collateral materials, etc.
Tracks emerging issues impacting access to care and physician workforce and develops recommendations for potential opportunities
Conducts policy and program research
Research and pursue funding proposals
- Bachelor’s degree or five years’ equivalent experience preferred
- Project management and strategic initiative experience preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Works with minimum supervision
- Some travel required
To learn more about the Physicians for a Healthy California, please visit our website at www.phcdocs.org.
PHC is an equal opportunity employer.