TITLE: Membership Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership Engagement
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
The Membership Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and executing a wide variety of projects related to the acquisition and engagement of CMA membership, and other profit generating activities including but not limited to; digital media projects, marketing and membership event support, execution of multi-channel marketing and engagement plans, and coordinated county membership plans.
- Develop and deploy marketing programs through multiple channels, including social, digital media, e-mail, etc. to drive conversion of non-members and engagement of existing membership
- Exercise skill with a variety of modern digital marketing tools such as, marketing automation, digital advertising platforms, and social marketing suites to execute marketing plans
- Identify key segment (small/solo, large group stakeholder, etc.) expectations, behaviors and attitudes and use this understanding to develop campaigns that are personalized and contextual
- Work with leadership to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relative to membership activities and campaigns, gather and report on measurements, and identify opportunities to refine tactics
- Partner with county societies to increase adoption of best practices and promote a relationship of shared ownership with CMA
- Interpret complex issues and present them effectively; adapt style, tone, and word choice to various channels or stakeholder requests
- Maintains and develop membership content portfolio, including print and digital content directed to a variety of customer segments
- Interact with various data platforms, such as Salesforce, ClaraVista and third-party data sets, to source, deliver and record outreach activity
- Maintain a high degree of member benefits knowledge and service expertise
- Provide other assistance and support to membership team members as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Competency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Association Management System (previous experience desired)
- Strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and ability to adapt to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate productively and positively with a variety of staff, partners and vendors
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Work extended hours or on the weekends as needed. Minimal travel required.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive)