TITLE: Executive Assistant
DIVISION: Center for Legal Affairs
REPORTS TO: Chief Legal Officer
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of complex administrative and support functions for the Chief Legal Officer under the general supervision of the Chief Legal Officer. Responsible for primary support of Chief Legal Officer.
- Serves as executive liaison to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Performs complex calendaring and administrative work, involving independent judgment and discretion necessary to manage the workflow, travel logistics, and scheduling associated with the Chief Legal Officer, with an understanding of priorities.
- Assists with monitoring due dates for scheduled tasks and alerting Chief Legal Officer of impending deliverables.
- Make appropriate supply purchases and coordinate use and reconciliation of company credit cards.
- Works as part of administrative team to support CMA events.
- Compiles background information and briefing material for meetings.
- Prepares general correspondence, types, edits and proofreads various documents and reports independently.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements for CLO, coordinates attendance, and prepares expense reimbursements.
- Screens and/or selectively refers telephone calls and e-mail to appropriate staff for disposition.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; when necessary, assigning and monitoring clerical functions of research associates; managing payments of State bar and association dues for attorneys; managing subscriptions for publications for Legal Center; in collaboration with GC monitor vacation requests of Legal Center staff.
- Provides historical reference by monitoring and supervising procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment and office supplies procurement.
- In collaboration with CLO monitor Legal Center's budget to achieve budget goals.
- Contributes to team effort, growth and culture by leading team activities and events for CMA Staff and partners who work with or for the CLO.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks, such as travel arrangements, hotels and other logistics quickly and accurately.
Ability to remain organized and professional in a fast paced and changing environment
Employ good judgment and make sound decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies.
Work extended hours as necessary when Association functions or Center workload dictates.
Work efficiently and effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload.
Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Requires calm, professional demeanor and ability to work under stress
Excellent verbal and written skills; proficient use of e-mail and Internet; type accurately and efficiently.
Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and 5-years experience in administrative role.
Some travel required.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)