TITLE: Information Systems Manager
CENTER: Information Systems
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Dir. Enterprise Applications and Information Systems
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages enterprise applications including technical support, systems analysis, integration with other applications and software maintenance. Directs database management, software training and systems documentation. Serve as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of the organization.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the company’s Associated Management System and its relationship with the company’s other business application programs and websites.
- Manages database administration to ensure system integrity. Assist with scheduled data imports into the AMS system and other senior level maintenance tasks of the database.
- Supports users of AMS system at CMA, its subsidiaries, and the component medical societies – including training of application, troubleshooting user errors, assisting with data requests, and writing of custom queries and reports.
- Provides project management and business process assessment to establish and implement new system requirements with other departments.
- Write user documentation.
- Works closely with IT Operations on AMS security and networking requirements.
- Maintain positive working relationship with the software vendors.
- Follows association priorities, standards, and procedures within the department.
- Ensures project timelines and accurate reporting expectations are met.
- Bachelor's degree in computer systems analysis, computer science, computer information systems (CIS), management information systems (MIS), business intelligence or a similar field of study.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer systems analysis and data administration.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during work.
- Work efficiently and effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload. Must be accustomed to working on various issues simultaneously and ensuring the integrity of each project.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills to identify problems and evaluate solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to understand departmental and user needs and to convey information effectively.
- Strong teamworking skills.
- Analytical skills to understand the organization functions, to identify opportunities, and to analyze and solve problems.
- Experience with system implementations and conversions.
- Understand financial / accounting concepts.
- Proficient in MS Office solutions – Excel, Word, PP, Access.
- Working experience of SQL, HTML, programming languages.
- Work extended hours as necessary when special projects or other functions dictate.
SUPERVISION: Works with minimal supervision under the direction of the Director Enterprise Applications and Information Systems
CONTACTS: Staff, vendors, consultants, physicians and the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Some travel required to attend association meetings and interact with component medical societies.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)