TITLE: Director of Member Engagement
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Membership, Marketing and Component Relations
Since 1856, the California Medical Association (CMA) has represented California physicians on all issues related to their livelihood and practice of medicine. Today, CMA serves more than 45,000 members in all modes of practice and specialties representing the patients of California and remains dedicated to serving our member physicians through a comprehensive program of legislative, legal, regulatory, economic and social advocacy.
The Director of Member Engagement has the responsibility to develop and manage our internal member engagement programs designed to increase and retain our membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage ongoing membership strategies in conjunction with our component societies designed to target solo and smaller group practice physicians.
- Provide relevant and timely membership data and analytics to CMA senior management and physician leadership in support of developing our annual strategic priorities.
- Provide managerial oversight to our Member Services Call Center and assist them in the resolution of problems and concerns from association members.
- Lead the team responsible for developing and staffing our annual state-wide Membership Summit.
- Assist in the development and coordination of our annual membership survey.
- Provide oversight to the Medical Executive Conference (MEC) Membership Committee.
- Develop, in partnership with our Vice President of Marketing and Membership, Brand Director and appropriate contributors, a variety of membership recruitment and retention collateral.
- Develop productive relationships with leaders from each of our respective centers (policy, legal, economic services, government relations and communications) and subsidiaries to stay abreast of relevant member related information.
- Provide written reports on association membership activity to association boards, committees and staff.
- Complies with association rules and company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook & Company Policy and Procedures.
Knowledge and Experience
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to communicate the value proposition of association membership to physicians and corporate decision-makers and healthcare stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and manipulate membership data from a variety of sources and utilize sophisticated analytical methodologies.
- Previous experience managing a small team with rapidly changing priorities and the ability to focus them appropriately.
- Successful track record of coaching and developing teams to achieve company goals.
- Comprehensive understanding of association membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Work efficiently and effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload.
Moderate state-wide travel is required to attend association meetings and other functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related Work experience commensurate with skills required to perform in the position required.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.)