TITLE: Director, Continuing Medical Education
DIVISION: Continuing Medical Education (CME)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Continuing Medical Education
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Continuing Medical Education (CME) Director oversees the California Medical Association’s accreditation processes for approximately 200 accredited providers. These responsibilities include managing a team of approximately three staff members. The Director contributes to CMA’s vision regarding continuing medical education via service delivery, program development and execution, management, quality assurance, continuous improvement and strategic planning. Occasional travel is required.
About CMA: The California Medical Association (CMA) is a not-for-profit physician organization, with over 46,000 members in all modes of medical practice and specialties. CMA is dedicated to serving our member physicians and their patients through a comprehensive program of legal, legislative, regulatory, and economic advocacy and by providing physicians and physician groups the tools necessary to succeed in today's healthcare environment.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Minimum of five years senior management experience in educational, health care and/or regulatory field.
- Strong commitment to balancing service with regulatory functions.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and quality assurance processes.
- Self-directed, self-motivated team player experienced at managing and motivating staff.
- Must value a highly demanding environment that combines strategical and tactical responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, teaching, public speaking, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; rigorous attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Masters degree preferred in management/administration or adult education.
- Experience with an accreditation or credentialing organization.
- Experience managing an accredited CME program to the desirable qualifications.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)