TITLE: Coordinator, Continuing Medical Education
DIVISION: Continuing Medical Education (CME)
REPORTS TO: Director, Continuing Medical Education
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The California Medical Association’s (CMA) Continuing Medical Education (CME) program oversees California’s accreditation processes for approximately 200 accredited providers. All staff members support CMA’s vision regarding continuing medical education via service delivery, program development and execution, management, quality assurance, continuous improvement and strategic planning. The CME Coordinator is responsible for supporting CMA’s role as an accreditor and provider including supporting the daily operations to ensure quality service is provided. There is daily contact with stakeholders such as surveyors, consultants, committee members and provider organizations.
About CMA: The California Medical Association is a not-for-profit physician organization, with over 46,000 members in all modes of medical practice and specialties. CMA is dedicated to serving our member physicians and their patients through a comprehensive program of legal, legislative, regulatory, and economic advocacy and by providing physicians and physician groups the tools necessary to succeed in today's healthcare environment.
- Technical Assistance
- Gathers and analyses data including preparing reports using PARS, ClearVantage, Access, Excel and/or MS Word
- Assists in creating educational materials including MS Word and PowerPoint presentations
- Creates and reports results of surveys and polls using print and electronic formats
Supports CME in its role as accreditor and provider
- Tracks accreditation status of CME programs and provides timely and accurate notifications
- Reviews CME provider documents for completeness, formats and payments, when due
- Updates content, forms and attachments for public consumption
- Drafts document, prepares materials and packets for meetings, etc.
Conference and Logistics Planner
- Supports the development and execution of educational activities (conferences, workshops and webinars) including registration, preparing documents, tracking attendees, etc.
General Administrative Support
- Creates and/or maintains datasets
- Serves as documentation historian including filing and tracking documents, managing the shared drive, etc.
- Provides general administrative support: answers phones, makes copies, scans documents, schedules and sets up conferences, meetings and webinars
Tracking and Monitoring Expenses
- Develops and maintains a tracking system for invoices, fees, and payments
- Submits and monitors expenses requests for reimbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three years’ experience performing similar duties and responsibilities
- Strong commitment to balancing service with regulatory functions
- Exemplary customer service approach in communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled problem solver, with ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and heavy workloads
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and quality assurance processes
- Deploys sound judgment to keep supervisors and team members aware of events with impact on key operations
- Self-directed, self-motivated team player experienced at effectively participating as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior computer skills with competency in MS Office Suite, web-based applications, and constituent relationship management applications
- Experience with an accreditation or credentialing organization preferred
- Experience working with an accredited CME program preferred
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)