TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DIVISION: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking a dynamic candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant of Human Resources, who will perform administrative duties related to the operations of the human resource department.
- Answers and directs departmental phone calls.
- Receives and distributes office mail.
- Schedules and organizes appointments; takes minutes during departmental meetings.
- Proofreads and prepare documents and correspondence produced by department.
- Processes required paperwork for employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment matters.
- Assists in the processing of new hire documents and the logistics of the on-boarding experience.
- May assist with preparation of human resource reports such as new hire, and turnover reports.
- Prepares expense reports for human resource office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Frequent contact with CMA staff, attorneys, stakeholders and others.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to type 60 words a minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)