TITLE: Strategic Initiatives Coordinator
DIVISION: Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC)
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
The Strategic Initiatives Coordinator will support the Chief Executive Officer with the execution of key Strategic Plan activities related to diversity in the physician workforce, community health, health equity and organizational infrastructure initiatives. Activities may include developing and executing projects, fund development, conducting research, and providing overall operational support for projects.
- Develops tracking tools and monitors progress of PHC Strategic Plan
- Develops and implements organizational communications plan (i.e. newsletters, annual report, website, other collateral materials, etc.)
- Develop and implement micro-strategies to meet key Strategic Plan objectives
- Pursues internal and external alignment of key workforce, community health and health equity initiatives
- Seeks partnerships to leverage PHC’s service and impact
- Conduct policy and program research
- Author briefs on key policy areas
- Research and pursue funding proposals
- Serve as lead to grant projects
- Bachelor’s degree or five years’ equivalent experience preferred.
- Project management and strategic initiative experience preferred.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Works with minimum supervision
Position requires operation of normal office equipment, computer, printers, photocopier, fax machines, multi-line phone, mobile communications tools, teams and project management applications.
- Work extended hours and, on the weekends, as events and deadlines dictate.
- Some travel required.