TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DIVISION: Continuing Medical Education (CME)
REPORTS TO: Director of Continuing Medical Education
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and support functions for the Continuing Medical Education Program under the general supervision of the Director of CME. Responsible for primary support of the CME Program and Director of CME.
About CMA: The California Medical Association (CMA) is a not-for-profit physician organization, with over 44,000 members in all modes of medical practice and specialties. CMA is dedicated to serving our member physicians and their patients through a comprehensive program of legal, legislative, regulatory, and economic advocacy and by providing physicians and physician groups the tools necessary to succeed in today's health care environment.
- Provides internal and external customer service, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communications.
- Designs, reviews and maintains filing systems and other clerical procedures for use within the department.
- Prepares general correspondence, types, edits and proofreads various documents and reports independently, accurately, and efficiently.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements, coordinates attendance, and prepares expense reimbursements.
- Screens and/or selectively routes telephone calls and e-mails to appropriate staff.
- Performs calendaring and administrative work, involving independent judgment and discretion necessary to manage the workflow, and scheduling associated with the CME Program, with an understanding of priorities.
- Assists with monitoring due dates for scheduled tasks and alerting Director of CME, Associate Director of CME, and Coordinator of impending deliverables.
- Works as part of the team to support CME events.
- Compiles background information and briefing material for meetings.
- Process payments of CME Provider and CME Accreditor dues and other payments as needed for CME Program staff.
- Maintains office efficiency by assisting with planning and implementing office systems, equipment and office supplies procurement.
- Contributes to team effort, growth and culture by assisting with team activities and events for CME Staff and CMA staff who work with the CME Program & Director of CME.
- Complies with established office procedures, rules, and company policies as outlined in the Personnel Policy Manual.
- Work extended hours as necessary when Association functions or Program workload dictates.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks, and other logistics quickly and accurately.
- Ability to remain organized and professional in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated good judgment and sound decision-making
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Talent for building cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Proficient use of e-mail and Internet.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Familiarity with database administration, Adobe, snip it and/or screen shot.
EDUCATION: College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and 3-years’ experience in administrative role.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)