Supporting Health Care Workers Serving on COVID-19 Front Lines
The emotional stress of responding to patients during the COVID-19 pandemic puts front line health care workers at exceptional risk. Caregivers are at an elevated threat of contracting the virus while caring for patients, and they risk emotional burnout from the daily grind of responding to the crisis.
In response, CMA Wellness has launched the Care 4 Caregivers Now program, which focuses on the mental and emotional well-being of caregivers while they fight COVID-19. Care 4 Caregivers Now connects physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners and respiratory therapists serving on the front lines of the pandemic with a trained peer coach who will provide remote and confidential coaching sessions at no cost.
While it is not a substitute for therapy or medical care, coaching has been demonstrated to provide several benefits, including relief from emotional exhaustion and reduced levels of self-reported burnout.
Sign Up To Receive Coaching
If you are a health care worker in constant worry of COVID-19 infection, currently separated from your family, or facing any other emotional difficulty at this time, we invite you to schedule a confidential peer coaching session at no cost.
- Eligible caregivers include physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners and respiratory therapists
- Coaching sessions are confidential and are conducted remotely via videoconference; access to a computer or smart phone is necessary
- There is no cost and you may receive coaching for up to 30 days
- Your peer coach understands the rigors of the profession and can offer emotional support and help you to feel more calm, focused and in control. Coaches hold space to listen to your concerns. Their goal is to help you feel heard, understood and become more aware of your options.
Sign up to receive support today.
Volunteer to Become a Peer Coach
Care 4 Caregivers Now provides physicians (M.D. and D.O.) and nurses, including those who are recently retired, the opportunity to lend their unique expertise during these unprecedented times. Coaching services are conducted remotely and not considered practicing medicine. All interested volunteers should have:
- Four hours of time available for training, which includes on-demand videos and a 90-minute live/small group training session
- At least 4 hours per week for remote coaching and mastermind sessions to share best practices and receive ongoing support
- Access to computer audio/video and sufficient broadband (CMA Wellness will supply a Zoom account)
- Passion for supporting fellow health care providers
- Compassion, empathy and patience
- Strong listening skills
Sgn-up to volunteer today.
(800) 241-2466; CMAwellness@cmadocs.org
In Case You Missed It