TITLE: Senior Director and/or Vice President, Physician Service
DIVISION: Physician Services Organization
REPORTS TO: CEO
OFFICE LOCATION: Remote, with travel up to 30%
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Director and/or Vice President of Physician Services is responsible for leading the development and growth of the California Medical Association Physician Services Organization’s (CMA-PSO) best-in-class solution offerings, ranging from practice transformation services to population health management tools. The position will be responsible for driving market growth of our in-house practice transformation services, working closely with service partners on cross-promotion and sales of vetted solution offerings, and strategically outlining, identifying, and expanding our solution offerings.
- Oversees the management, growth, and work of the PSO’s in-house practice transformation unit.
- Oversees and manages current and future preferred partner relationships, successfully evaluating solution offerings, selection and negotiating preferred partner arrangements, and setting and meeting growth goals.
- Responsible for the sales and growth of the PSO physician services, including practice transformation and other preferred partner solutions.
- Leverages network, physician champions, and knowledge of funding opportunities from various sources, including government contracts, to drive market growth of and access to vetted and in-house solution offerings.
- Conducts targeted outreach to qualified physicians, practices, medical groups, clinics, and systems outlining preferred partner solutions.
- Conducts sales meetings, presentations, and follow-up with qualified physicians, practices, medical groups, clinics, systems and organizations, on the benefits of practice solutions.
- Tracks sales activities through regular pipeline reporting and prospect monitoring in PSO’s Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Ensures the practice transformation unit’s work product hits set metric and outcome targets, based on internal and external goals.
- Works with internal communications and membership teams and external service partners to generate additional leads and collaborate on solution sales pipeline and growth.
- Provides strategic direction and analysis on solution offering needs and growth pipeline.
- Works well under pressure and in an evolving and growing environment.
- Must be able to gain the trust and establish credibility quickly of California physicians, practices, groups, clinics, systems, and organizations.
- A willingness to learn, bias for action and pragmatic solutions, and low ego.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MD, MPH, or other relevant graduate education preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience, with a preference for direct experience with a variety of physician practice solutions, practice transformation, and sales/growth.
- Strong knowledge of the California physician market, with a preference for experience working closely with California physician practices, medical groups, IPAs, clinics and/or systems.
- Strong reputation, trust, and relationships with California physicians, practices, and clinics.
- Familiarity with practice solutions and practice transformation.
- Superior relationship development and management skills.
- Proven sales approach and experience.
- Ability to meet growth metrics.
- Strategic thinker.
- Proven experience performing under pressure, with strong leadership skills, ability to work with a sense of urgency, and attention to detail.
- Ability to navigate with ambiguity, service oriented, and a high-level of humility.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive)