TITLE: Senior Accountant 1
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
CENTER: Finance & Administration
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Controller
The Senior Accountant is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the monthly financial reports, cost center reports, monthly close, journal entries, monthly internal financial statement preparation, and assisting the Controller in various projects as required relating to the senior accountant’s assigned portfolio of entities.
- Use QuickBooks Online and Management Reporter to prepare monthly financial statements for assigned portfolio of entities.
- Closely review reports prepared for errors and irregularities – research, document and make corrections, if needed.
- Work with finance team to ensure timely month-end and year-end closes for all entities assigned.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for all entities assigned.
- General ledger maintenance for all entities assigned.
- Act as liaison for non-accounting staff who have questions relating to financial reports and budgets for assigned entities.
- Assist with administration of annual tax filings – may include preparation on Form 990’s, Form 199’s, tax extensions and coordinating with outside CPA’s to ensure all other filings are completed timely and accurately.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Reconciliation of cash accounts daily.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets as needed for assigned entities.
- Prepare annual 1099’s.
- Assist with oversite of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for assigned entities – to include reviewing deposits, payment batches, and posting reports.
- Assistance with the annual audit – including gathering necessary reconciliations, running requested reports, and all other tasks as requested.
- Administer CMA’s contract review process – includes tracking contracts, working with Legal department, routing contracts and reviewing for financial impacts. Financial impacts identified to be communicated to the Controller and other finance staff that will need to act.
- Performs other related duties as may be requested by the Controller
Public contact and contact with managers, department heads and non-managerial employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred)
- Proficient in accounting software (3 years minimum experience) – QuickBooks Online and/or Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Ability to take direction from Controller and respond timely
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
SUPERVISION: Works with minimal supervision under the direction of Controller
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Normal
(THIS JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL LEVEL AND NATURE OF THE JOB. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ALL INCLUSIVE.)