TITLE: Program Director
DIVISION: Physicians for a Healthy California
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
Position Summary: The Program Director is a full-time position designed to serve the key lead for the GME program. This position will work closely with the GME Executive Board and Advisory Council to develop, implement and evaluate the GME program. Further, this position will serve as subject matter expert on GME residency programs analyzing trends to achieve the goals as reflected in Proposition 56, including sustaining, retaining, and expanding graduate medical education programs to increase the number of primary care and emergency physicians in California.
- Supervises program analyst and program coordinator
- Drafts work plan to develop and implement GME program including performance objectives
- Serves as subject matter expert on state GME residency slots; performs research and analyses
- Develops recommendations for application, scoring criteria, contract terms, marketing materials, etc.
- Coordinates GME Executive Board and Advisory Council meetings and functions
- Creates and implements strategies to gather information from key stakeholders including GME program directors
- Analyzes best practices and drafts recommendations for GME program
- Drafts cost/benefit analysis on business and organizational needs
- Drafts materials for meetings (ie agenda, materials, minutes, action items)
- Serve as key liaison to grantees
- Reviews and approves grantee progress reports and internal and external reports on GME program’s progress
- Conducts site visits and other evaluative measures to monitor GME programs’ progress
- Reviews and approves financial expenditure reports on GME program expenditures
- Serves as liaison to UC and CSA Audit on fiscal and internal controls related to the GME program
- At least five years of experience administering programs and managing program staff
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience in analyzing data to forecast trends and make astute assessments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel and occasionally work evening and weekend events
- Computer skill in Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet Explorer and Word.
PHC offers a competitive salary and full benefit package. Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
To learn more about the Physicians for a Healthy California, please visit our website at www.phcdocs.org
PHC is an equal opportunity employer.