TITLE: Graphic Designer
CENTER: Strategic Communications
REPORTS TO: Brand Marketing Director
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
EXEMPTION: Non-exempt status
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for executing CMA’s creative brand through the design and production of marketing, communications and promotional collateral.
- Design and production of all marketing, communications and promotional collateral under the guidance of the Brand Marketing Director and Vice President of Strategic Communications.
- Help maintain strict brand guidelines and visual consistency across all communications platforms and channels.
- Assist in the development and presentation of design proposals to build consensus around strategic goals.
- Help develop project budgets and work directly with vendors on orders regarding needs, pricing and deadlines.
- Maintain database of art and photo files.
- Provide staff consultation regarding printing and vendor options.
- Provide reports on departmental activities, as required.
CONTACTS: Interacts regularly with external vendors, CMA staff, CMA members, county medical societies, health care stakeholders and affiliates (e.g. Physicians for a Healthy California).
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Experience building templates with MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including, but not limited to, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Premier Pro.
- Familiarity with team and project management tools such as Slack, Trello and Google Docs.
- Understanding of best practices and design principles, including font choice, composition, printing procedures and photo use.
- Track record of paying close attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Team player with ability to collaborate productively and positively with a variety of staff and vendors.
- Understands the power of story-telling; ability to craft visual content that resonates.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work extended hours or on the weekends as deadlines/media coverage dictates. Minimal travel required.
(This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It’s not intended to be all-inclusive.)