TITLE: Executive Assistant
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
CENTER: Center for Economic Services
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: CES Vice President & Senior Vice President
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of complex administrative and support functions within the Center for Economic Services (CES) under the general supervision of the Center Vice President (VP). Responsible for primary support of VP and CES
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex calendaring and administrative work, involving independent judgment and discretion, necessary to manage the workflow, travel logistics, and scheduling associated with the VP and CES with an understanding of priorities.
- Point on scheduling of all CES in-person presentations with county medical associations and others.
- Assists with monitoring due dates for scheduled tasks and alerting VP of impending deliverables.
- Maintains strong customer service relationship with members and other staff.
- Fields member calls, performs triage of issue, and either resolves or works with other CES staff to resolve in a timely manner.
- Works as part of administrative team to support CMA events.
- Design, review and maintain filing systems and other clerical procedures for use within CES department.
- Compiles background information and briefing material for meetings.
- Maintains liaison with physicians, medical staff professionals, county medical associations, and association leaders.
- Prepares general correspondence, types, edits and proofreads various documents and reports independently.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements for VP and CES, coordinates attendance, and prepares expense reimbursements.
- Schedules appointments with an understanding of priorities.
- Screens and/or selectively refers telephone calls and e-mail to appropriate staff for disposition.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks, such as travel arrangements, hotels and other logistics quickly and accurately.
- Ability to remain organized and professional in a fast paced and changing environment
- Employ good judgment and make sound decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Work extended hours as necessary when Association functions or Center workload dictates.
- Work efficiently and effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with member practices and others contacted in the course of work.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proficient use of Outlook e-mail and Internet.
- Type accurately and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Visual acuity to read hard copy and electronic media, hearing and communication ability sufficient to easily understand verbal communications and be able to respond, manual dexterity and physical strength sufficient to manage multiple page reports as well as provider manuals and reference manuals. Requires calm, professional demeanor and ability to work under stress
EQUIPMENT OPERATION: Position requires operation of normal office equipment, computer, printers, photocopying, fax machines and multi-line phone.
TRAVEL: Some travel required.
EDUCATION: College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and 5-years experience in administrative role.
This Job Description reflects the general level and nature of the job and is not intended to be all inclusive.